Saving money, communicating with locals, how to travel around the country, what to do when pooping is in order, and more!Read More
Over the emotional hump!
For now at least. When there's so little time, wasting time by being overwhelmed is counter productive. I had to give myself a talking to yesterday morning after Tyler left for work. He'd been doing so much to keep me afloat - fixing everything around the house, cleaning, organizing - there's no reason why he should carry my flailing mental state as well. A self-pep-talk later, and we were back on track.Read More
I can't wait to spend 24/7/365 with this goof-ball. I CAN'T WAIT!
Looks like the loose plan will be:
- April 1: Travel to Tokyo (or Hong Kong for a few days and then cheap flight to Tokyo); stay in Japan for... a month-ish?
- Hop flights around to likely Taiwan, China, Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos
- Come home ~June 15th
- Jacob & Bobby's wedding on June 18
- Devon & Lauren's wedding in Portland July 1
- NEW: Go to Mexico City & Nicaragua with Rebecca & Shasta July 7 - 16
- After that, Europe! (probably)
- And then back to South East Asia, like: Malaysia, Indonesia, Australia (?), New Zealand
I'm excited to reflect and see how much this changed & grew. There's no way we can plan for what we'll be up to. That's one of the most exhilarating parts for me.
Tyler and I are both working from home today. He's on a video call. I just overheard him say, "We're at 82 days, 56 of them are work days."